blob: ed76f94183e8e4fac293bb37acbc481df0b39c5d (plain
This is a snapshot of my attempt to fit the FreeBSD networking code into
RTEMS. Things seem to be working!
Things that need to be done:
1) More documentation!
2) Figure out what's still not working :-)
3) Rationalize the include files. Right now I have a special
hack in the Makefile to ensure that I pick up the FreeBSD versions
of the include files that are duplicated between RTEMS
The network device driver source should move to the BSP source tree.
4) Have a look at all the FIXME comments.
5) Go through and make sure that all the source files are
free of undesired copyright restrictions.
- Pulled BOOTP initialization out of rtems_glue. Applications which
don't used BOOTP are now about 5k smaller.
- Loopback interface is not installed by default, rather it is
attached like any other interface. Saves about 0.5 kbytes.
- Add rtems_bsdnet_show_if_stats();
- Moved test programs from below freebsd directory.
- Removed some include files that were already part of RTEMS.
- Cleaned up machine/types.h to prepare for inclusion in RTEMS source.
- Added syslog library routines -- much simpler than KA9Q version.
Sockets can be shared among tasks (as long as the send is
protected by a mutex) so there's no need for a Syslog Daemon.
- Table-driven configuration (networkconfig.h).
- Cleaned up rtems_bsdnet.h.
- BOOTP now retries properly -- Note to Joel:
The dichotomy between RTEMS and UNIX error codes is
a real pain!
- Added dummy getprotobyname() and getprotobynum() functions.
- Added socket ioctl.
- Added application-level entry to manipulate routing tables.
- Added non-BOOTP network initialization.
- Changed some BOOTP addresses from sockaddr_in to inaddr;
- Get DNS information from BOOTP reply.
- Got DNS lookups working.
Bloatware comes to RTEMS -- invoking gethostbyname() drags in
and extra 40 kbytes of code!
- Added hostname lookup program.
- Added startup delay to network initialization.
- More statistic-printing routines.
- Added TFTP driver and test program
- Modified TFTP test program to use networkconfig.h.
- Removed unused include files.
- Added from ftp://ftp.ca.FreeBSD.ORG/pub/FreeBSD/FreeBSD-current/src/lib/libc/net.
- Added getpeername()
- Added M68k versions of IP checksum code
- Added TCP timing program to snapshot.