1. Rtems contains some perl scripts that use hard-coded paths to
/usr/bin/perl or /usr/local/bin/perl I have already fixed these
problems by adding some checks to configure.in. While doing this,
I also cleaned up some more autoconf related problems for generating
shell scripts. This patch might seem a bit scary to you, but I am
quite confident it won't break something (I've been testing it for
almost a week now, however it might introduce typos for a limited
number configurations I don't have access to - But it shouldn't be
a problem for you to test them :-).
I expect to get this finished tonight, hence you will very likely
have the patch when you get up tomorrow.
* Check for PERL and disable all PERL scripts if perl wasn't found.
* Generate all KSHELL-scripts with autoconf instead of make-script
* Automatic dependency handling for autoconf generated KSHELL or PERL
* this patch contains new files and deletes some other files.
* The patch is relative to rtems-4.0.0-beta4 with my previous
rtems-rc-981014-1.diff patch applied.
I tested it with sh-rtems and posix under linux. Now all targets
which are touched by this patch and which are not used while building
for sh-rtems and posix still need to be tested. AFAIS, only the
sparc/erc32 BSP should be affected by this criterion. And if you
like to, you should also consider testing it on a Cygwin32 and a
Solaris host for one arbitrary BSP.