|Commit message (Collapse)||Author||Files||Lines|
from Ralf Corsepius <email@example.com>.
This patch fixes a nasty problem with build-tools/Makefile.am:
When using install-sh instead of /usr/bin/install, only the first file
gets installed during the preinstall stage.
the build-tools layout to simplify it.
This script reorganizes and simpilfies the build-tools subdirectories.
It moves all source-files and scripts to c/build-tools/. This will
enable use to use this directory directly to refer to the build-tools
instead of copying them around in a "preinstall" step in future.
However, RTEMS's autoconf Makefile.ins and *.cfg files are not yet
prepared to apply this approach and therefore require additional work.
* automake for *all* tool subdirectories (Makefile.am, configure.in etc.)
* autogen now also considers CONFIG_HEADER (generates stamp-h.ins and
* c/src/tests/tools/generic/difftest and
c/src/tests/tools/generic/sorttimes generated by configure scripts
* c/update-tools/ampolish, beautifier for Makefile.ams, similar to
* rtems-polish.sh added to c/update-tools/ + ampolish support
* New subdirectory ./automake, contains automake -Makefile fragments to
support RTEMS make "debug, debug_install, profile, profile_install" for
native Makefile.ams (== ignore these make targets).
* aclocal/rtems-top.m4's RTEMS_TOP now reads the automake makefile
variable VERSION from RTEMS ./VERSION file.
* ./configure.in uses the macros from aclocal + support for the tools'
* To run rtems-polish.sh, "cd <rtems-source-tree>;
* AFAIS, now all native subdirectories are converted to automake (Please
drop me a note, if I forgot something).
* Unless you notice something fatal, IMO the time has come for a public
try (== snapshot). I do not intend to send more automake related patches
within, say 2 weeks, to give these patches time to settle and to give me
some time to think on how to continue.
* The patch assumes installation to the new main installation directory
This is the first real automake patch.
It adds automake support to c/build-tools and cleans up a few minor
I consider this to be a testing probe to examine problems with automake.
Therefore, this patch is just a more or less harmless replacement of the
former RTEMS Makefiles and I expect it not last for long. If you want to
give automake Makefiles a public try and if you want/need to learn about
problems with it, then it's about time for a new snapshot, IMO. I may
have screwed up something not directly related to automake, but I expect
very few (none to be precise) problems with automake. However, somebody
should at least try building on Cygwin. If you feel a bit more
adventureous, then I also can continue to submit more patches.
[FYI: I still have a couple of automake files laying around, but they
need some cleanup before being submitted as patches. Now, that I am just
into it, I'll perhaps submit another one tonight :-]
After applying this patch (patch -p1 -E <
<path-to>/rtems-rc-19990318-0), first run the "autogen" script from the
toplevel source directory, before committing to CVS. Be careful about
dependencies between Makefile.am and Makefile.ins when cutting tarballs
from CVS. Makefile.ins are required to be newer than Makefile.ams,
otherwise users would need to have automake, autoconf and perl. Some
people recommend to "touch" all Makefile.in after checkout from cvs (cf.
* This patch adds a number of new files.
* remove aclocal/exeext.m4 and aclocal/cygwin.m4 from CVS, They are now
covered by autoconf-2.13`s AC_EXEEXT.
Some features/side-effects which are probably interesting for you:
In a configured build-tree "cd c/build-tools", then try
* "make RTEMS_BSP=<bsp> install"
* "make RTEMS_BSP=<bsp> dist"