* automake for *all* tool subdirectories (Makefile.am, configure.in etc.)
* autogen now also considers CONFIG_HEADER (generates stamp-h.ins and
* c/src/tests/tools/generic/difftest and
c/src/tests/tools/generic/sorttimes generated by configure scripts
* c/update-tools/ampolish, beautifier for Makefile.ams, similar to
* rtems-polish.sh added to c/update-tools/ + ampolish support
* New subdirectory ./automake, contains automake -Makefile fragments to
support RTEMS make "debug, debug_install, profile, profile_install" for
native Makefile.ams (== ignore these make targets).
* aclocal/rtems-top.m4's RTEMS_TOP now reads the automake makefile
variable VERSION from RTEMS ./VERSION file.
* ./configure.in uses the macros from aclocal + support for the tools'
* To run rtems-polish.sh, "cd <rtems-source-tree>;
* AFAIS, now all native subdirectories are converted to automake (Please
drop me a note, if I forgot something).
* Unless you notice something fatal, IMO the time has come for a public
try (== snapshot). I do not intend to send more automake related patches
within, say 2 weeks, to give these patches time to settle and to give me
some time to think on how to continue.
* The patch assumes installation to the new main installation directory