|Commit message (Collapse)||Author||Files||Lines|
This patch is an addition to "The big-patch"
* FIX: c/Makefile.am: bogus comment which changed the behavior of
* FIX: make/custom/ts_i386ex.cfg did not set HAS_NETWORKING correctly
(Me thinks it might have been me who added this bogus setting :-).
* NEW: removing make targets get, protos, debug_install, profile_install
* NEW: replacing clobber with distclean
* NEW: Reimplement distclean and clean as reverse depth first make
targets (adaptation to automake's behavior)
* NEW: removing RCS_CLEAN from make distclean (tools/build/rcs_clean is
still in - remove it?)
* NEW: "$(RM) Makefile" added to make distclean (adaptation to
* NEW: "$(RM) config.cache config.log" to CLOBBER_ADDITIONS in
[lib|exec|tests]/Makefile.in (adaptation to automake's behavior)
* NEW: "$(CLEAN_PROTOS)" removed (Not used anywhere)
* NEW: binpatch.c moved from i386 bsp tools to tools/build (AFAIS,
binpatch is not specific to the pc386 BSP at all)
* NEW: AC_EXEEXT added to all configure scripts which contain AC_PROG_CC
* NEW/Experimental: An experimental implementation of temporary
installation tree support in libbsp/i386/pc386/tools/Makefile.am, based
on dependency tracking with make, instead of applying INSTALL_CHANGE.
* This patch is small in size, but changes the behavior of "make
* This patch does not alter building/compiling RTEMS, ie. there should
be no need to rerun all "make all" building tests.
* make RTEMS_BSP="..." distclean in c/ runs "make distclean" in BSPs
subdirectories passed through RTEMS_BSP and in "c/." only, but does not
descend into other BSP subdirectories previously configured with
different settings of make RTEMS_BSP="...".
=> Workaround: always use the same setting of RTEMS_BSP when working
inside the build-tree.
* "make [distclean|clean]" do not clean subdirectories, which have been
configured at configuration time, but which are not used due to
make-time configuration (e.g. macros/networking/rdgb subdirectories).
This will problem will vanish by itself when migrating from make-time to
APPLYING THE PATCH
mv c/src/lib/libbsp/i386/pc386/tools/binpatch.c tools/build
patch -p1 < rtems-rc-19990709-2.diff
> * RTEMS's 'make depend' isn't a standard automake make target and is not
> supported in automake supported subdirectories.
This patch addresses a few minor issues and contains a few (minor)
preparations for automake.
* configure.in: Fix for handing c/src/tests subdirectory handling (FIX)
+ Add TARGET_SUBDIR and --with-target-subdir (preparation of future
enhancements for cross-compiling)
+ Activate RTEMS_ROOT handling (automake preparation)
* automake/*.am: replace comments "#" with "##" so that comments won't
get included into Makefile.in's anymore
* c/update-tools/* automake support (NEW)
* ./autogen update/enhancement (cf. ./autogen for details)
After applying this patch please run:
cvs add c/update-tools/configure.in
cvs add c/update-tools/Makefile.am
cvs add c/update-tools/aclocal.m4
* automake for *all* tool subdirectories (Makefile.am, configure.in etc.)
* autogen now also considers CONFIG_HEADER (generates stamp-h.ins and
* c/src/tests/tools/generic/difftest and
c/src/tests/tools/generic/sorttimes generated by configure scripts
* c/update-tools/ampolish, beautifier for Makefile.ams, similar to
* rtems-polish.sh added to c/update-tools/ + ampolish support
* New subdirectory ./automake, contains automake -Makefile fragments to
support RTEMS make "debug, debug_install, profile, profile_install" for
native Makefile.ams (== ignore these make targets).
* aclocal/rtems-top.m4's RTEMS_TOP now reads the automake makefile
variable VERSION from RTEMS ./VERSION file.
* ./configure.in uses the macros from aclocal + support for the tools'
* To run rtems-polish.sh, "cd <rtems-source-tree>;
* AFAIS, now all native subdirectories are converted to automake (Please
drop me a note, if I forgot something).
* Unless you notice something fatal, IMO the time has come for a public
try (== snapshot). I do not intend to send more automake related patches
within, say 2 weeks, to give these patches time to settle and to give me
some time to think on how to continue.
* The patch assumes installation to the new main installation directory