blob: e372f42fc99fc90de05b4a4b201d34a2b2070272 (plain
Status of Implementation
This chapter provides an overview of the status of the implementation
of the POSIX API for RTEMS. The *POSIX 1003.1b Compliance Guide*
provides more detailed information regarding the implementation of
each of the numerous functions, constants, and macros specified by
the POSIX 1003.1b standard.
RTEMS supports many of the process and user/group oriented services
in a "single user/single process" manner. This means that although
these services may be of limited usefulness or functionality, they
are provided and do work in a coherent manner. This is significant
when porting existing code from UNIX to RTEMS.
- The current implementation of ``dup()`` is insufficient.
- FIFOs ``mkfifo()`` are not currently implemented.
- Asynchronous IO is not implemented.
- The ``flockfile()`` family is not implemented
- getc/putc unlocked family is not implemented
- Shared Memory is not implemented
- Mapped Memory is not implemented
- For Shared Memory and Mapped Memory services, it is unclear what
level of support is appropriate and possible for RTEMS.
- Functional Testing
- Tests for unimplemented services
- Performance Testing
- There are no POSIX Performance Tests.
- Many of the service description pages are not complete in this
manual. These need to be completed and information added to the
background and operations sections.
- Example programs (not just tests) would be very nice.