blob: fca9224cbb77071cc193971737b8c3a623bc4e0f (plain
.. comment SPDX-License-Identifier: CC-BY-SA-4.0
.. Copyright (C) 2018.
.. COMMENT: RTEMS Foundation, The RTEMS Documentation Project
.. COMMENT:TBD - Convert the following to Rest and insert into this file
.. COMMENT:TBD from https://devel.rtems.org/wiki/Developer/Testing/TestSuites
.. COMMENT:TBD also update list of tests based on rtems/testsuites
All RTEMS source distributions include the complete RTEMS test suites. These
tests must be compiled and linked for a specific BSP. Some BSPs are for freely
available simulators and thus anyone may test RTEMS on a simulator. Most of
the BSPs which can execute on a simulator include scripts to help automate
The RTEMS Project welcomes additions to the various test suites and sample
application collections. This helps improve coverage of functionality as
well as ensure user use cases are regularly tested.
The following functional test suites are included with RTEMS.
* Classic API Single Processor Test Suite
* POSIX API Test Suite
* File System Test Suite
* Support Library Test Suite (libtests)
* Symmetric Multiprocessing Test Suite
* Distributed Multiprocessing Test Suite
* Classic API Ada95 Binding Test Suite
The following timing test suites are included with RTEMS.
* Classic API Timing Test Suite
* POSIX API Timing Test Suite
* Rhealstone Collection
* Benchmarks Collecction
The RTEMS source distribution includes two collections of sample applications.
* Sample Applications (built as RTEMS tests)
* Example Applications (built as RTEMS user applications)
The RTEMS libbsd package includes its own test suite.
Legacy Test Suites
The following are available for the legacy IPV4 Network Stack:
* Network Demonstration Applications
Post RTEMS 4.10, ITRON API support was removed. The following test suites
are only available if the ITRON API support is present in RTEMS.
* ITRON API Test Suite
* ITRON API Timing Test Suite