|author||Sebastian Huber <firstname.lastname@example.org>||2017-08-25 10:35:14 +0200|
|committer||Sebastian Huber <email@example.com>||2017-08-25 10:35:14 +0200|
cpu-supplement: Use literal instead of emphasis
Diffstat (limited to '')
1 files changed, 11 insertions, 10 deletions
diff --git a/cpu-supplement/powerpc.rst b/cpu-supplement/powerpc.rst
index d9dfd53..8606277 100644
@@ -125,20 +125,21 @@ Thread-local storage is supported.
-* The thread pointer is `r13` in contrast to `r2` used in the 32-bit ABI.
+* The thread pointer is ``r13`` in contrast to ``r2`` used in the 32-bit ABI.
-* The TOC pointer is `r2`. It must be initialized as part of the C run-time
+* The TOC pointer is ``r2``. It must be initialized as part of the C run-time
setup. A valid stack pointer is not enough to call C functions. They may
use the TOC to get addresses and constants.
* The TOC must be within the first 2GiB of the address space. This simplifies
- the interrupt prologue, since the `r2` can be set to `.TOC.` via the usual
- `lis` followed by `ori` combination. The `lis` is subject to sign-extension.
+ the interrupt prologue, since the ``r2`` can be set to ``.TOC.`` via the
+ usual ``lis`` followed by ``ori`` combination. The ``lis`` is subject to
-* The `PPC_REG_LOAD`, `PPC_REG_STORE`, `PPC_REG_STORE_UPDATE`, and
- `PPC_REG_CMP` macros are available for assembly code to provide register size
- operations selected by the GCC `m32` and `m64` options.
+* The ``PPC_REG_LOAD``, ``PPC_REG_STORE``, ``PPC_REG_STORE_UPDATE``, and
+ ``PPC_REG_CMP`` macros are available for assembly code to provide register
+ size operations selected by the GCC ``-m32`` and ``-m64`` options.
-* The `MSR[CM]` bit must be set all the time, otherwise the MMU translation my
- yield unexpected results. The `EPCR[ICM]` or `EPCR[GICM]` bits may be used
- to enable the 64-bit compute mode for exceptions.
+* The ``MSR[CM]`` bit must be set all the time, otherwise the MMU translation
+ my yield unexpected results. The ``EPCR[ICM]`` or ``EPCR[GICM]`` bits may be
+ used to enable the 64-bit compute mode for exceptions.